"There is so much more to sustainability than being plastic free and recyclable. That bit was hard, but we did it! Not only have we created a product that makes being greener easier for our consumers, but we as a business are doing more to remain a leading sustainable brand, from supply chain to our employees, and of course... you."
- Ed & Andy
QUICK AKT FACTS:
- AKT is 100% Recyclable
- You can add every single element of our packaging to your home recycling once empty - the tubes work just like a coke can!
- Aluminium is infinitely recyclable without losing quality. Please recycle.
- AKT is Plastic Free Packaging
- We don't use plastic in any of our products. From the factory shipping boxes to the warehouse, to the tape you have on your delivery box. Nothing. Nada.
- Even our bespoke aluminium cap is plastic free!
IS AKT A B CORP?
But what is B Corp?... "B Corp Certification is a designation that a business is meeting high standards of verified performance, accountability, and transparency on factors from employee benefits and charitable giving to supply chain practices and input materials."
WHAT ELSE IS AKT DOING?
THE AKT FOREST
We are working with Ecologi who help build simple and impactful climate solutions for businesses, through planting trees in trackable forests that are held to account.
Ed and Andy pay to plant tress and name them every time they see a show or attend an event. You can track the progress of the forest here.
EXAMPLE: They were invited to see the sold out, highly acclaimed West End play 'A Little Life' at the Harold Pinter Theatre. In honour of this they planted 25 trees in a forest in Mozambique...
"When AKT was first launched in 2020 we were seen as innovators in the sustainability sphere, and now the world is finally catching up. We have a long way to go as we aim to measure our carbon emissions, increase our charity work and give back to our community. But we won't stop there.
If we can inspire every one of our customers to make one little change in their life, that's a huge impact overall. Join us on the journey to achieving B Corp. It's one hell of an education!"
- Ed & Andy